Friday, December 25, 2009

Fall colours!







Hello all,


The other day I was coming back from buying stuff and upon entering the boat I forgot a cardnal rule. "One hand for yourself, one hand for the boat." So, as I started down into the boat, my foot slipped off the step. My decent was starting out to be considerably faster than I wanted. First, my butt hit the top step, my leg hit.....something and my elbow hit another step. All this somewhere around, oh say, a million miles an hour. Next thing I know I'm at the bottom of the steps on the sole, (floor) a HUGE, HUGE charley horse in my top left butt cheek, my left shin burning like the dickens and my elbow tingling like there is no tomorrow. And as you can see, the picture doesn't do the real thing justice. AND I'm not I'm not going to show you a picture of the bruise on my boo boo. But I will heal. And as painful as all that was, the damage to the can of mineral spirits was nearly fatal and has no chance of healing.



The galley is coming along. The new stove is in and working and the new corian counter tops are almost completly installed. I figure that as I was redoing it I would do it all. I took out all the old dark wood in the dishes cabinet and redid it with white formica and the dish rack with a type of plastic that they call expanded foam. (the name starts with a K but I forget.) It cuts like butter, glues sweet, can sand it, use screws on it and paint it. Its great stuff. When its finished, I'll take pictures and post it. There is a dirth of projects to complete before we are off but hopefully the important ones will be done in a couple of months and we can be off.








1 comment:

warped said...

I only have one thing to say about this post. OUCH